We stand by every item we sell, 100%, and want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase - so if you’re not completely satisfied with your order for any reason, then neither are we.
Our customer care team are trained and ready to help, so we ask that if you’re not completely satisfied with your order, please;
- Contact us within 14 days of the purchase date and let us know what the issue is and;
- Provide your full name, order number, delivery address, and contact phone number
We will then work together to find an acceptable solution, whether that is replacing an item, issuing an account credit, or refunding in full dependant on the resolution.
Condition of Return
- Upon return, the item must be returned in or accompanied by all original packaging with accompanying invoice & inventory for proof of purchase
- Item must be in resellable condition upon its return
Consumer Right of Return and Refund
If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (“Regulations”) during the period set out below. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep goods, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the contract is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Your legal right to cancel a contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered,
To cancel a contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us. For example, you will have given us notice in time as long as you get your letter into the last post on the last day of the cancellation period or e-mail us before midnight on that day.
If you cancel your contract we will:
Refund you the price you paid for the goods. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. See our Returns page for information about what handling is acceptable.
This policy is in addition to your statutory rights.
Return Costs & Postage
- We will only refund reasonable postage costs if your return is due to a fault or mistake on our part. In all other circumstances, the original postage cost is non-refundable.
- Where a return is required due to item unsuitability or through customer change of mind, return delivery costs are the responsibility of the customer.
- Once received and found to be in resellable condition, your refund will be processed within 14 working days, subject to a 10% restocking fee
- The original purchase delivery costs are non-refundable
- Responsibility and security with an item remains with the customer until it has been safely returned to Alex Baird Handling. We recommend that when returning an item, the customer has appropriate transit insurance through selected courier or delivery service
- Confirmation of postage is not a guarantee of delivery
Exchange of Item
If your item is not as described or faulty and you believe it to be defective, please contact Alex Baird Handling immediately to report the issue. If you require an exchange, this can be arranged by contacting us and detailing your concerns, at which point our customer care team will review your concerns and respond within 1 working day.
Exceptions to Refund Policy
There are exceptions to our refunds policy for certain items. Please note, this is a non-exhaustive list and these conditions do not affect your non-excludable statutory rights. Personalised items and custom-configured equipment may not be eligible for exchange where customisation and branding are permanent and therefore affect condition for resale.
Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with this contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to the goods that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this consumer right of return and refund policy pursuant to the Regulations or anything else in these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.